WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Tuesday 21 July 2015

HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE JULY CHALLENGE - I LUV ROCK 'n' ROLL

Hello Peeps,
Here I am - a day late - with my creation for the current Challenge over at HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE - I LOVE ROCK N ROLL.
This month's challenge is all about music and songs. Pick a tune and get inspired. Use the lyrics, or the music, or even the video if you're so inclined. Remember to keep it dark and creepy - if the only tune you know is "Sunshine & Lollipops", you better create something from the viewpoint of a diabetic vampire :P Please let us know which tune you've chosen and how it inspired your creation.

I  was inspired by Pink Floyd and the song I chose is "HEY, YOU !!"



I made an A4 Journal page and used embossing folders for the music and wall backings. All images used are my own. Then I wrote out the lyrics in the spaces.

Hey you out there in the cold 
Getting lonely getting old 
Can you feel me? 
Hey you standing in the aisles 
With itchy feet and fading smiles 
Can you feel me? 
Hey you don't help them to bury the light 
Don't give in without a fight. 


Hey you out there on your own 
Sitting naked by the phone 
Would you touch me? 
Hey you with you ear against the wall 
Waiting for someone to call out 
Would you touch me? 
Hey you, would you help me to carry the stone? 
Open your heart, I'm coming home. 



But it was only fantasy. 
The wall was too high, 
As you can see. 
No matter how he tried, 
He could not break free. 
And the worms ate into his brain. 



Hey you, out there on the road 
Always doing what you're told, 
Can you help me? 
Hey you, out there beyond the wall, 
Breaking bottles in the hall, 
Can you help me? 
Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all 
Together we stand, divided we fall.
Songwriters: WATERS, ROGER

Remember you can enter up to three macabre creations each month, and you have until the 2nd of August to enter over at HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE.

Challenges I am entering:

Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #44 - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. this is wonderful
    I like it
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Fantastic !
    Love all the textures , and your design is Fabulous !
    Thanks for joining us at CREATIVE CRAFT COTTAGE and Good Luck !
    MARYVONNE DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Ike. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again … Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fabulous so much going on wonderful project. Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - I like it!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! this is beyond awesome, Ike! Your images are so perfect with the lyrics and your journaling ROCKS! Love, love, LOVE! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Creative Craft Cottage. We would love to see you again.
    DT-Anneke

    ReplyDelete