WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Wednesday 29 October 2014

PET PORTRAITS

Hi Peeps,
Just by way of a change, I wanted to show you a couple of commissions I did that have stories to tell.
This one I was first asked to paint these two dogs on top of a cake I was making for someone's birthday. !!  I did it - painting in cocoa mixed with water and coffee to get the shades I wanted. I did it on Pastillage (a type of icing that when it dries it goes hard like porcelain). The customer carefully prised it off the top of the cake and kept it aside in her kitchen to really dry and was going to have it framed - until her husband opened the cupboard above it and dropped a tin of baked beans on it !!! LoL.  She then asked me for a painting - which is what this is (in Guache)



This one is a picture of my cat Grizwald - sadly no longer with us for many years now :-( This is also in Guache, and I must admit I got a bit carried away doing his fur and then ran out of paper !!!! Can you believe it ???!!!  Had to cut him off short with a book - I only picked that one cuz it was what I was reading at the time. LoL  :-D  Anyhoo - this one was published in a calendar for 2012, so is my claim to fame there :-)


I just realised too that I have been Blogging for 4 years now so I thought I might ferk out some goodies for a Candy Give-away, so keep your eyes peeled for that..... coming soon. :-D

Thanks for dropping by :-) xxxxxxxxxxx


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely outstanding work!! You are so talented hugs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ike!! I just want to reach out and stroke these beauties - what fabulous work.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!
    Did you train as an artist or are you self taught?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to art collegestudying graphic art - but to actually do Printing (silk screen + Litho) not this. I discovered I could do this a few years later :-D LoL

      IKE xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm totally blown AWAY! Gorgeous, fabulous, AMAZING work! The fur detail is mind boggling and to think you also did portraits on a cake! WOW! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. MM think blogger just ate that comment sigh.. he is so greedy isn't he??! what I said was these are really superb and i love working with gouache too, thanks for popping over, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enthralled by your immense talent, Ike! These portraits are outstanding!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete