WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Sunday 6 April 2014

40th BIRTHDAY CARD COMMISSION

Happy Sunday Peeps,
Here is a card commission I had to make a large 40th card. I wasn't really inspired by anything on Friday as my Mojo had deserted me, but my customer called me yesterday and asked if I had started the card. When I said 'No' she breathed a sigh of relief and told me that the intended recipient used to have an old VW Beetle win her youth and that truck drivers would toot and wave at her when she drove it about. She wanted to see if I could do anything with one on the card. ? Well - bingo.... I just had inspiration and I had already picked out the image from SASSY STUDIOS as a possible.
Here it is all done. I had to make a special envelope coz it is just under A4 in size. :-)





Image used: 'Samatha Sassy' from Sassy Studios - Coloured with Copics.
VW image from the Web.
All images multi-printed and fussy cut and mounted with foamies to make it 3D.
Stickles added to stars and Samatha's jewelry for added glitz. I used Glossy accents on the headlights of the VW.



Challenges I am entering:

FussyandFancy Challenge #111 - All About Travel
Just Add Ink #209 - Just Add Layers


17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and design Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally nailed that one Ike. Wahoooo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Ike.. love it! and thanks so much for popping over and saying hi.. nothing like suddenly knowing which way to go on a work, is there? Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how fabulous! Love the shine on the bumper, and all the dimension on this card, Ike. I'm sure the recipient will LOVE this! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that cool how it all worked out! I love that and I love your rockin' card, Ike!! That was a satisfied commission!! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee hee, this is such a fun card! I bet she'll love it! Beautifully coloured as usual too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great image! This is such a fun 40th card and you've managed to add some great layers...love the 3D effect on the stars. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great image, awesome card design and I just love that sentiment! Perfect for the occasion :) Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cool card. Everything works so well together and the sentiment is spot on. Cheers, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sassy image. Love the layers with the stars and sparkle. Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, it fits the theme perfectly. I love all the stars. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, this totally rocks! Love love love this! Thanks for joining the DTBST Challenge of a sketch this week. Good luck!

    DebbieM - DTBS DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant image and a great card design, I love it . Thanks for joining in with our Fussy and Fancy Challenge...cheers Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is this! Love the love bug! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is GREAT! I'm sure she was very happy with her purchase. Here's hoping you win some of those challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card!! Congrats on you Top 5 win at Fussy and Fancy "Travel" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete