WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Monday 26 November 2012

THANKS xx

Gosh - me again.... on a Monday !!!! :-)
I got some new embossing folders recently from Docrafts... 'Bubbles' series. They are very interesting and would be great as stamps/digis, but I was wondering just how I would use them and make them show up. !! They come with a demo sheet inside that's been done on glossy card, but that's not what I want to use for everything is it ?? I picked out one called "Bubbles' Beauty Sleep".

Anyhoo, I decided to try something .... I printed a sheet of card with a plain wine colour and then embossed it with the folder. It looked pretty good but it was even better after I sanded it lightly with some fine grade sandpaper :-D  Pretty cool eh ? Then I did some faux stitching around the edges and put it onto a piece of cream card. Cut a senti and Voila !!!

The little kitty looking round the corner of the chair made me think of saying "Thanks", coz my kitties all come and lay with me if I'm under the weather and they all try and play 'Nurse Kitty'.... bless !!!

So, here it is...

I am sending this to a little friend of mine who always cares when I am sick :-) xx

Challenges I am entering:

Raisin Boat Challenge 6 - Thank You  

5 comments:

  1. That is great ike! and how cute that your kitty plays nurse when you are sick :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love that folder. Super cute card. The sanding is just perfect. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH this is really sweet IKE! Thanks for joining the challenge at Raisin Boat this month. Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lodger cat Jinx, does the same, he's missing us this last fortnight coz we've 'gone to the dogs' (we go home and check he's ok!) thinking he might go back to his real home, but no, demands cuddles when I get in, but its sooo hard to have to leave him and go back to the dog sitting. One day last week he even sneaked in the car and didn't show his face in the rear view mirror until I was half way back to the dogs! I think he was trying to tell me something! THis card is giving me ideas...I wonder if I could get a digi to print white on a coloured back ground... my brain will work it out!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely embossing folder, Ike and I like what you have done with it? Have you tried them with cooredinations? or Kraft cooredinations? The give a good effect sanded, inked and/or distressed and take much more punishment than ordinary card. Cats are wonderful caretakers, I agree. I have two little rescued cats and despite a terrible start in life their natures are so wonderful. I came to ask if you had an album in digi galore facebook group? I had mentioned this to Smeared Ink and then I could not see one for you. It is a good place for people who have used your images to put their projects in as, if the pictures get added without an album, they get deleted regularly. Love, Vee xx ps sorry if you have one and I missed it. xx

    ReplyDelete