WELCOME

Hi and welcome to Ike's World. I AM PROUD TO BE A PREVIOUS DESIGN TEAM MEMBER FOR SMEARED INK, SIMPLY CREATE TOO,DELICIOUS DOODLES, POISONED PEAS PLEASE(now shut down)PATH of POSITIVITY, FOREVER FRIENDS DESIGN TEAM, SCRIBBLES DESIGNS, A MINION AT HAUNTED DESIGN HOUSE, a STITCHY's ANGEL at OSAAT. I am Co-Writer on QUOTH THE RAVEN and I run my own Challenge at IKE'sWORLD CHALLENGES, and SUYP Cats Only Challenge. Thanks for visiting and please drop by again :-)

Followers

Thursday 7 April 2011

KATE's SCHOOLDAY

Nearly at the weekend - Hurray !! Not that it really makes any difference to me since I am retired, but I am going to my friend's house on Saturday for a curry nite .... yum
Since I was in a drawing mood yesterday, I finally finished a little Peep..a depiction of my daughter on her first day of school.  However, we did have a bit of a mishap. !! I was working shifts at the time and K.T was at the 'experimental' stage. She had very long hair, because I had vowed not to cut it until she wanted it cut( having always had to have short hair myself) . Anyway... the day before school started, I came home from work to find that she had found some scissors and CUT every part of her hair that she could see. Consequently, it was a complete mess, different lengths - including the really long bit down the back - and I just cried.
Do you know what she said..., "Don't cry Mummy, I just wanted to look beautiful like you".   (Sob) Not much you can say about that is there. Luckily, my friend was a hairdresser and managed to do something reasonable with it for the next day.  I can laugh about it now !!!!!!


Recipe:
The papers  and elements I have used for my card are'Child's Play'  from JanetB and the elements are from a scrapbook kit I bought from AllClipART. I have put her on a blackboard background, which I put all the little apples around, and used one of the backing papers to make a paper pleat. The sentiment/title is made from one of the elements plus text and another little apple.


I am entering her for:
Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge PWC148 - SKETCH
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday 112 - Photo Inspiration (I went for the colours)
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Something new (my new image)
Craft Your Passion Challenge 52 - Anything Goes
CES Challenge 30 - Children

6 comments:

  1. Super sweet card such a lovely layout and fab colours...thanks for sharing with us at CES this week...good luck :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, look at all those apples, what a cute border.
    thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card and bring back memories to alot of us I am sure. :)

    Thank you for your us on Craft Your Passion this week

    Pam x GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable card.Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passions this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and I hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete